The competitive microtransactions of Celebrity Wars Battlefront II left a nasty affect on some gamers, that could be why EA’s subsequent foray into the Celebrity Wars universe left them in the back of. On the other hand, that’s not to mention that Celebrity Wars: Squadrons has stopped evolving since its release; the group at Purpose Studios has persevered to replace the sport with new options and choices – all to be had to gamers without cost.
The newest content material drop – first mentioned final month – provides two vintage starfighters to the sport: one for the Riot Alliance, and one for the Empire. The great guys get the B-Wing, which seemed in Go back of the Jedi. The dangerous guys get the TIE Defender, a formidable Imperial send that was once presented within the unique TIE Fighter PC recreation. You’ll see those two new starfighters (along different options) within the video above.
The replace is to be had now on all platforms: PS4, Xbox One, and PC. After all, you’ll additionally play the sport (by way of backward compatibility) at the new-gen consoles.
Whilst the brand new ships are the principle appeal, that’s not the place the tweaks forestall with this replace. You’ll learn the overall unlock notes for your entire account, however here’s an excerpt from the “Common” class of fixes:
- Added Customized Video games and a server browser, to be had within the Multiplayer & Coaching menu
- Adjusted Ability Score necessities for each and every tier by way of server-side exchange final week (see beneath for complete main points)
- Up to date Ability Score acquire/loss ratios to raised mirror each and every participant’s efficiency in a fit by way of server-side exchange final week
- Ongoing server-side matchmaking enhancements
- Fastened a topic the place the sport may just crash if the participant did not skip throughout the outro monitors of a fit
- Fastened a topic the place the sport may just crash when loading into Fostar Haven
- Fastened a topic the place having Lights high quality set to Low may just create intense flashes of sunshine on Fostar Haven
- Fastened a topic the place AI in multiplayer may just once in a while deal no hull injury to gamers with their number one guns
- Fastened or stepped forward cases of deficient collision detection on Fostar Haven, Galitan, Esseles, Nadiri Dockyards, Zavian Abyss, and Sissubo
- Fastened factor the place the internal of the TIE interceptor may just disappear after respawning
- Fastened factor the place Celebrity Destroyer engine VFX may just flicker
- Fastened a topic the place PlayStation five visuals seemed blurry.
Take a look at EA’s put up for me, and even higher – hop into Squadrons your self and notice how the sport has modified. If you happen to do, which new send are you going to check out out first?