An Ohio faculty scholar who used to be in crucial situation after an alleged fraternity hazing incident has died, his circle of relatives’s lawyer stated Sunday.
“The loss of life of Stone Foltz is a tragedy. He used to be a cherished son, brother, and grandson,” Sean Alto, the circle of relatives’s lawyer, stated in a observation. “Right now we’re amassing all the details resulting in his premature loss of life and we don’t have any hobby in commenting on hypothesis.”
Foltz used to be being stored alive so his organs may well be donated, which the circle of relatives had agreed to “in order that others could have a 2d likelihood at existence,” Alto’s observation stated.
Foltz, 20, a sophomore at Bowling Inexperienced State College and a brand new member of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, used to be allegedly hazed Thursday right through an initiation match when he used to be made to drink alcohol, faculty officers stated.
Bowling Inexperienced State College positioned the fraternity on intervening time suspension Friday because it investigates. On Saturday, the college stated it used to be quickly “postponing all new member consumption processes and on- and off-campus social occasions” for Greek fraternity and sorority organizations.
Pi Kappa Alpha’s nationwide workplace stated it positioned the Bowling Inexperienced bankruptcy on administrative suspension and suggested its chief to cooperate with regulation enforcement.
“The Fraternity has a zero-tolerance coverage towards criminality, substance abuse, bullying, and hazing of any type,” it stated in a observation.
Foltz graduated from Buckeye Valley Prime Faculty in Delaware, Ohio, north of Columbus, in 2019.
Andrew Miller, the superintendent of the Buckeye Valley Native Faculty District, stated in a observation Sunday that “Stone used to be a pal to everybody who used to be blessed to grasp him.”
“The Buckeye Valley group mourns the lack of this superb younger individual,” the observation stated.
The scoop comes after a 19-year-old faculty scholar, Adam Oakes, used to be discovered useless at the morning of Feb. 27 after a fraternity hazing incident at Virginia Commonwealth College in Richmond.