After the yearly race at Auto Membership Speedway in Fontana, California, used to be canceled sooner than the 2021 season started, NASCAR wanted an alternate. The collection discovered a very easy answer — stay in Daytona Seaside, Florida, for every other week. Best this time, drivers will race at the highway path at Daytona World Speedway as a substitute of the oval.
The Cup Collection started the season with an exhibition race at the Daytona highway path — the Busch Conflict, which Kyle Busch received when Chase Elliott took out chief Ryan Blaney at the ultimate lap — sooner than transferring to the two.Five-mile oval for the 63rd Daytona 500. With NASCAR’s most renowned race underneath their belt, drivers gets every other crack on the highway path — this time for issues and a playoff berth.
Here is all of the data you want to get able for Sunday’s O’Reilly Auto Portions 253 at the highway path at Daytona World Speedway:
START TIME: Three p.m. ET. GREEN FLAG: Drivers are scheduled to take the golf green flag and start the race at Three:20 p.m. ET.
TV: Fox. Pre-race broadcast starts at 2:30 p.m. ET.
RADIO: Motor Racing Community and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. STREAMING: Fox Sports activities Move (will have to have TV supplier) and FOX Sports activities app, YouTube TV (2-week loose trial), Hulu + Are living TV (7-day loose trial), Sling TV (Three-day loose trial), fuboTV (7-day loose trial).
RACE DISTANCE: 70 laps across the 14-turn, Three.61-mile highway path for a complete of 253 miles.
STAGE LENGTHS (laps in keeping with degree): Level 1: 16, Level 2: 18, Level Three: 36.
LAST TIME: Chase Elliott received NASCAR’s inaugural race at the Daytona highway path on Aug. 16, 2020. Elliott led 34 laps, together with the overall 13, and edged Denny Hamlin by way of a miniscule zero.202 seconds.
QUALIFYING: There used to be no on-track qualifying for the O’Reilly Auto Portions 253. As an alternative, the lineup used to be made up our minds by way of the usage of NASCAR’s new competition-based method:
- 25 p.c: Motive force’s completing place from the former race
- 25 p.c: Automotive proprietor’s completing place from the former race
- 35 p.c: Staff proprietor issues score
- 15 p.c: Quickest lap from the former race
LINEUP: Elliott, the reigning NASCAR Cup Collection champion, earned the pole and can lead the sphere to inexperienced along Daytona 500 winner Michael McDowell.
This is the lineup for the O’Reilly Auto Portions 253 (automobile quantity in parentheses):
1. (nine) Chase Elliott, Chevrolet
2. (34) Michael McDowell, Ford
Three. (Three) Austin Dillon, Chevrolet
four. (11) Denny Hamlin, Toyota
Five. (four) Kevin Harvick, Ford
6. (37) Ryan Preece, Chevrolet
7. (7) Corey Lajoie, Chevrolet
eight. (Five) Kyle Larson, Chevrolet
nine. (42) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet
10. (23) Bubba Wallace, Toyota
11. (22) Joey Logano, Ford
12. (20) Christopher Bell, Toyota
13. (41) Cole Custer, Ford
14. (18) Kyle Busch, Toyota
15. (2) Brad Keselowski, Ford
16. (47) Ricky Stenhouse Jr, Chevrolet
17. (1) Kurt Busch, Chevrolet
18. (14) Chase Briscoe, Ford
19. (19) Martin Truex Jr, Toyota
20. (77) Justin Haley, Chevrolet
21. (51) Cody Ware, Chevrolet
22. (24) William Byron, Chevrolet
23. (52) Josh Bilicki, Ford
24. (eight) Tyler Reddick, Chevrolet
25. (53) Garrett Smithley, Ford
26. (10) Aric Almirola, Ford
27. (12) Ryan Blaney, Ford
28. (78) Scott Heckert, Ford
29. (00) Quin Houff, Chevrolet
30. (17) Chris Buescher, Ford
31. (38) Anthony Alfredo, Ford
32. (21) Matt DiBenedetto, Ford
33. (6) Ryan Newman, Ford
34. (16) AJ Allmendinger, Chevrolet
35. (99) Daniel Suarez, Chevrolet
36. (48) Alex Bowman, Chevrolet
37. (43) Erik Jones, Chevrolet
38. (96) Ty Dillon, Toyota
39. (15) James Davison, Chevrolet
40. (66) Timmy Hill, Ford