On this episode of The Complete Nerd, Gordon Ung, Brad Chacos, Alaina Yee, and Adam Patrick Murray are joined via an overly particular visitor. Radeon VP Scott Herkelman returns to reply to questions and dive deep into the Radeon RX 6800 and 6800 XT, two implausible graphics playing cards that compete with Nvidia’s high-end choices for the primary time in a very long time.
Scott doesn’t shy clear of answering our—and your—questions. He stocks insights into how the Radeon RX 6000-series got here to be, why those new GPUs carry out highest with AMD’s very good new Ryzen 5000 processors, and extra. Scott additionally supplies knowledge you gained’t to find in an ordinary evaluation, reminiscent of:
- Promising that ray tracing might be integrated all the way through all the Radeon RX 6800-series product stack
- Extra details about FidelityFX Tremendous Answer, AMD’s deliberate DLSS competitor
- How the Ryzen and Radeon groups labored in combination to make the RX 6000-series higher
- What AMD is doing to extend availability and save you scalper bots from purchasing those graphics playing cards, and why it’s so onerous to gauge call for for fanatic merchandise in 2020.
- Extra element into what Good Get right of entry to Reminiscence in fact is, the hurdles concerned with imposing it, and that AMD wouldn’t block rival Nvidia graphics playing cards from running with Ryzen processors if GeForce embraces the generation
- Why having aggressive enthusiast-class graphics playing cards issues for the entire Radeon RX 6000-series lineup
- The loss of life of blower-style reference playing cards
- How a lot freedom AMD’s companions could have with their customized board and PCB designs
- No, Sapphire does now not design and bring the reference PCB
- …and an entire lot extra
You don’t need to leave out it.
Scott sticks round for a complete hour fielding questions and shedding wisdom. After he leaves, we proceed on with our personal Radeon RX 6800-series evaluation impressions as Brad slowly descends into darkness. And as at all times, we fielded questions from you, our audience, listeners, and Discord contributors.
You’ll witness all of it within the video embedded above. You’ll additionally watch The Complete Nerd episode 158 on YouTube (subscribe to the channel when you’re there!) or concentrate to it on Soundcloud in case you desire the audio on my own.
Talking of audio, you’ll subscribe to The Complete Nerd in iTunes (please go away a evaluation in case you benefit from the display). We’re additionally on Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or you’ll level your favourite podcast-savvy RSS reader to: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/customers/soundcloud:customers:226190044/sounds.rss
Have a PC- or gaming-related query? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take a look at to reply to it within the subsequent episode. You’ll additionally sign up for the PC-related discussions and ask us questions about The Complete Nerd’s Discord server. After all, make sure you apply PCWorld on Fb, YouTube, and Twitch to observe long term episodes reside and select our brains in actual time!