Each and every unmarried cell phone in the world has a minimum of something in commonplace: an Global Cell Apparatus Identification (IMEI) quantity, distinctive to its unit, that can be utilized to spot it. In case your telephone is ever misplaced or stolen, your community supplier can blacklist the tool by way of its IMEI quantity, which renders it pointless to any individual else, although they switch out the SIM card.
Cell phone 15-digit IMEI numbers are used to test pieces like nation of starting place, producer, and style quantity. You’ll additionally use IMEI to test the historical past of a tool and in finding out if it has ever been reported stolen by way of services and products like CheckMend. One merchandise that can be glaring, however is value repeating: Don’t percentage your IMEI quantity otherwise you chance falling prey to cloning and different IMEI-based scams.
Discovering your IMEI quantity is simple, so let’s get began.
Test IMEI on an Android telephone
On an Android telephone, you’ll be able to in finding the IMEI within the Settings menu. It might probably generally be present in one of the vital following places:
- Settings > About telephone > Standing
- Settings > Basic > About tool > Standing
- Settings > Device > About telephone > Standing
- Settings > About Instrument > Standing
From there, write down the quantity or take a screenshot.
Test IMEI on an iPhone
You’ll in finding those numbers in numerous puts, together with Settings, at the bodily tool, in Finder or iTunes, and at the unique packaging.
- Settings > Basic > About
Scroll down to search out the IMEI access within the checklist. You’ll additionally contact and cling the quantity to replicate it to the clipboard after which paste it in different places, like in Notes or a textual content.
Discovering your iPhone’s IMEI quantity thru your Apple account
- Pass to appleid.apple.com in Safari at the Mac.
- Check in together with your Apple ID.
- Scroll right down to Units segment till you spot the serial and IMEI/MEID quantity, make a choice the tool.
- If in case you have a unique tool with iOS 10.three or later signed in for your account (like an iPad) pass to Settings > Your identify.
- Scroll to look any units signed in together with your Apple ID, and faucet the tool identify to view the serial and IMEI/MEID quantity.
You’ll additionally in finding the serial quantity on your tool within the Finder or iTunes.
- Attach your tool for your pc.
- On a Mac with MacOS Catalina 10.15 or later, release the Finder. On a Mac with MacOS Mojave 10.14 or previous, or on a PC, open iTunes. Now in finding your tool.
- Click on the Abstract tab to look the ideas.
- Click on Telephone Quantity below your tool identify or the tool style to search out the IMEI/MEID and ICCID numbers.
You’ll additionally in finding it within the Personal tastes > Apple ID > iPhone.
Different ways to test your IMEI
Some units show the IMEI quantity at the SIM tray. Apple says that you’ll be able to view the IMEI numbers at the SIM tray in each and every technology of iPhone from the 6s thru iPhone 11, with the exception of the SE. Some telephones, such because the Samsung Galaxy S10, and different Samsung Galaxy telephones, display the IMEI quantity at the again of the case, embedded in tiny, virtually translucent kind — you’re going to want a magnifying glass to learn it or even then it is going to be tricky to look. Older telephones with detachable batteries additionally might checklist the IMEI below the battery, or on best of the SIM slot.
Test the IMEI at the field
In case your iPhone or Android telephone has been stolen and also you forgot to test and write down the IMEI quantity, it’s nonetheless conceivable to find it. In the event you stored the field that your telephone got here in, there’s a great opportunity you’ll discover a decal someplace at the out of doors that lists the IMEI choice of your telephone.
Test IMEI the use of a telephone dialer
To get your IMEI quantity, dial *#06#
A field must pop up together with your IMEI quantity inside of, and you’ll be able to replica the quantity down or take a screenshot of it prior to disregarding it.
This system seems to be most commonly deprecated, despite the fact that it really works from time to time. Prior to now, this common means for checking your IMEI labored on maximum cell phones, each iPhone and Android, and it’s a well-liked means that ceaselessly comes up in a seek. The issue is that it doesn’t paintings neatly anymore. In 3 out of 4 telephones examined, just one (a 2016 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus) gave the anticipated consequence. Neither the iPhones or LG V40 ThinQ we examined got here up with the quantity after dialing the code. Apple’s directions additionally don’t come with this system. So we cite it right here as a historic artifact and closing lodge.