A who is who lineup of vintage DC graphic novels.
DC’s new Black Label imprint is poised to get a lot larger within the months forward. Along with unique initiatives like Batman: Damned and Superman: 12 months One, DC will likely be reprinting no fewer than 23 vintage graphic novels below the Black Label banner.
The Black Label line emphasizes tales geared in opposition to older readers and with very little ties to present DC Comics continuity. Accordingly, DC will likely be that specialize in standard standalone graphic novels like Watchmen, All-Celebrity Superman, The Darkish Knight Returns and Kingdom Come.
This is the whole lineup of news being reprinted below the Black Label banner between December 2018 during the finish of 2019:
- ALL-STAR SUPERMAN—Grant Morrison & Frank Quitely—to be had 12/04/2018
- DC: THE NEW FRONTIER—Darwyn Cooke—to be had 2/19/2019
- WATCHMEN (HC w/new slipcase)—Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons—to be had three/26/2019
- KINGDOM COME—Mark Waid & Alex Ross—to be had four/23/2019
- RONIN—Frank Miller & Lynn Varley— to be had five/07/2019
- ALL-STAR BATMAN & ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER VOL. 1—Miller & Jim Lee and BATMAN: YEAR ONE—Miller & David Mazzucchelli—to be had 6/11/2019
- BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN—Miller—BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS—Miller & Klaus Janson—to be had 6/18/2019
- BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT: THE MASTER RACE—Miller & Brian Azzarello & Andy Kubert & Janson—to be had 6/25/2019
- LUTHOR 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION and THE JOKER 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION —Azzarello & Lee Bermejo—to be had 7/09/2019
- BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM—Morrison & Dave McKean—to be had eight/13/2019
- THE JOKER: DELUXE EDITION—Azzarello & Bermejo—to be had nine/10/2019
- BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE—Moore & Brian Bolland—to be had nine/17/2019
- WATCHMEN (TP)—Moore & Gibbons—to be had nine/24/2019
- BATMAN: YEAR 100—Paul Pope—to be had 10/08/2019
- SUPERMAN: RED SON—Mark Millar & Dave Johnson & Andrew Robinson & Killian Plunkett & Walden Wong—to be had 10/22/2019
- BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN—Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale—11/05/2019
- BLACK ORCHID—Neil Gaiman & McKean—11/12/2019
- BATMAN: DARK VICTORY—Loeb & Sale—11/26/2019
- BATMAN: HAUNTED KNIGHT—Loeb & Sale—12/17/2019
- CATWOMAN: WHEN IN ROME—Loeb & Sale—12/31/2019
Earlier Black Label comics have incorporated Batman: White Knight and Batman: Damned. Damned was once the supply of a few main controversy final month when the primary factor shipped with a shot of Batman’s penis. That symbol has since been censored within the virtual model and can be modified in long run reprintings.
As for White Knight, DC just lately introduced that author Sean Gordon Murphy is operating on a sequel known as Batman: Curse of the White Knight, which can reinvent Batman best friend Azrael as a villain.
Jesse is a mild-mannered author for IGN. Permit him to lend a machete in your highbrow thicket through following @jschedeen on Twitter, or Kicksplode on MyIGN.