Daniel Andrews because of unveil ‘modest’ adjustments to the state’s present lockdown an afternoon after two ladies died from Covid. Observe the newest updates reside
- Restrictions: NSW; Vic; Qld; borders. Hotspots: NSW; Vic; Qld
- Published: what Morrison advised John Frewen when he gave him vaccine position
- NSW to halve world passenger numbers as state stories 1,164 new Covid instances
- Australia’s reopening: can our leaders achieve consensus?
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our unfastened information app; get our morning electronic mail briefing
Anthony Albanese had a talk to Triple M Newcastle the place he persevered to hone Exertions’s nationwide plan message in relation to the premiers:
Smartly, all of them signed up for the nationwide plan. The nationwide plan, after all, supplies for quite a lot of protections to be persevered to be to be had at 70% and 80%. Nobody needs restrictions. Restrictions have an effect on other people’s way of living and their capability to get round and it hurts the economic system. However to be truthful to Queensland in this day and age, South Australia additionally, I realized Scott Morrison by no means talks concerning the Liberal states, South Australia and Tasmania and Queensland and Western Australia all have their borders closed to New South Wales, Victoria and the ACT in this day and age. That’s a choice this is completely comprehensible. WA is getting the Grand Ultimate within the AFL. Brisbane gets the Grand Ultimate within the Rugby League. And it’s tricky occasions, however those choices were made to stay their voters secure.
If you’re pondering that the Victorian numbers are most often out by way of now, you can be proper.
There’s a lengthen this morning (we most often get them round eight.30am) however prior to now, when there was extra difficult information to reconcile, it has taken slightly longer.