Designing the very best Lollipop? Strawberry and sherbert, and it will have to be the scale of my face, please.
However no, Google’s newest submit on its Legitimate Android Weblog is much less about sweets-on-sticks and extra about Android Lollipop, the most recent model of its smartphone and pill device.
It began rolling out to gadgets this week, and colleague Sam Gibbs has already put the brand new device via its paces with a five-star evaluate:
Lollipop is an entire visible overhaul of the usual Android glance, making it a miles smoother, extra coherent and hooked up revel in – a large step up in comparison to earlier iterations of Google’s device.
Additionally it is sooner, lighter on battery and provides numerous what third-party producers have needed to manually bolt directly to their customised variations of Android.
Google’s weblog submit specializes in the design facets of Lollipop, in particular the best way its “subject matter design” targets to be “one constant design language versatile sufficient to span gadgets throughout cell, desktop, and past”.
Is the corporate onto one thing? When you’re the use of Lollipop already on a number of gadgets, how are you discovering it, and do you assume subject matter design will ship on Google’s guarantees?
What new options are having a look most dear, and what do you want to look added in long run updates? How do you assume Android Lollipop stacks up in comparison to Apple’s iOS eight? The feedback are open on your perspectives.
What else is at the generation radar lately? A couple of hyperlinks to bite over:
- Social carrier Ask.fm, which has confronted scrutiny over cyberbullying, is appointing a legislation enforcement affairs officer and offering additional info on block and record customers and ‘problematic’ content material.
- Christies is making ready to public sale off the “best recognized surviving Apple-1 documented to were bought without delay by means of Steve Jobs to a person from his folks’ storage”. Even if you could want as much as $600,000 to nab it.
- US startup Paracosm unquestionably sounds bold: it’s raised $three.3m of investment to, in CEO Amir Rubin’s phrases, “take the virtual international past displays and permit machines to grasp the sector as we do, turning your front room right into a holodeck”.
- Veteran generation web page CNET is launching… a print mag? Yep. A print mag. It’ll be quarterly with an preliminary print run of 200,000 copies and unique articles. “We’re seeking to make a remark that we’re making an investment in print as a result of we predict it’s a viable approach to succeed in this target market…”
- In any case, a snapshot of cell gaming in 2014, as King finds that the soundtrack for its soon-to-launch Sweet Overwhelm Soda Saga will likely be carried out by means of the London Symphony Orchestra. No information on whether or not the musicians stopped enjoying midway via and demanded that King pay extra money, and many others and many others.
You probably have perspectives at the tales above, or different hyperlinks to indicate to the neighborhood, dive in under the road.